Why Use Pool Lights?
Pool lights are more than just a way to add a little sparkle to your pool. They can actually be used for a variety of reasons. For starters, pool lights provide a safe and inviting swimming environment at night. They also allow you to entertain guests well into the night, without having to worry about visibility in and around the pool. Lastly, pool lights can be used to create a dramatic aesthetic, helping to make your pool the centerpiece of your backyard.
Types of Pool LightsWhen it comes to pool lighting, there are a few different options to choose from.
There are three common pool light types, halogen, incandescent, and the new kid, LED pool lights.
Here’s a comparison table with these 3 kinds of pool light.
Pool Light Comparison Table
Incandescent Pool Lights
Halogen Pool Lights
LED Pool Lights
To sum up, the LED lights are the most popular and energy efficient options.
Here we want to introduce SANSI upgraded RGB pool light. Its advantages are very outstanding.
- Newest Never Fall-off Design: Our pool lights with 2 magnets and 4 suction cups (enough for smooth surfaces). Meanwhile, we prepare professional glue for uneven surfaces, with very high-end strength and good adhesion to most common substrates, even on wet substrates.
- 16 Brighter Colors
- Max 200ft/61m rf remote range & Timer
- 60 Hours Long Display & IP68 Waterproof
There are lots of submerged or below-the-ground pool lights to choose from as they come in a wide variety of colours and features.
- Flush-Mounted Underwater LED Pool Lights – These lights are flush with the pool wall when installed. They should ideally be among your first lighting considerations as they are the easiest to install while pool construction is ongoing.
- Surface-Mounted Underwater LED Pool Lights – These lights stick out beyond the pool wall. A great pool lighting option, they can even be added to those pools which have already been completed.
- Submersible LED Lights – These pool light types are a perfect choice for pool owners who like taking the DIY route. They do not require any installation as all you need to do is to allow them to simply sink to the bottom of the pool. This way, they can illuminate the surface area of the water.
Determining Pool Light QuantityOnce you’ve chosen the type of pool lighting you want, you will need to decide how many lights you need. Generally speaking, you should aim for one light every two to three square feet. However, the exact number will depend on the size of your pool, the type of lighting you are using, and the desired brightness. You may want to consult a pool lighting professional to help you determine the right number of lights for your pool.
For SANSI Upgraded pool light, you can aim for one light every one square meter.
For example, I have a pool of 3m*3m, I can put 8 RGB lights in it.
Lighting for the area around the pool
Once you have completed the lighting of your pool, you can start to envision how you want your backyard or pool area to look like in the evening. Colour, brightness, shape and the number of lights are all important aspects to consider. Popular poolside lighting options include pool garden lighting, LED flood lighting and feature lighting. Pool garden lighting can be incorporated into the pool landscape and pavement, such as barn lights, pathway lights, step lights, spike lights, string lights, bollard lights, lantern lights and deck lights. LED flood lighting can bring your yard to life by illuminating large sections of your outdoor space. Feature lighting can be used to emphasize the beauty of garden statues, individual plants and architectural design elements.
LED Flood Lighting – To bring a yard to life, you can make use of floodlights for illuminating large sections of your outdoor space.
Feature Lighting – Use feature lighting to highlight key design features in the pool area. You can be more creative by changing pool light colours remotely to make your pool and yard space more vibrant and attractive. Use spotlights to emphasise the beauty of garden statues, individual plants, and architectural design elements.
You can also explore more SANSI led flood light here.
Transform your swimming pool with the best lighting and create a safe, inviting, and beautiful environment for swimming and entertaining. With these expert tips and advice, you’ll be able to choose the best type of pool lighting, install it correctly, and determine the right number of lights for your pool. Now, all that’s left to do is start shopping and enjoy your newly transformed pool!